Choose Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth to pass quickly but before you do, some advice when searching for your Driving Instructor – Please remember that often paying less you will get less
I have detailed here what I feel are the top ten qualities your Driving Instructor in Portsea should demonstrate so as to ensure that your Driving Lessons are a success.
1. Patience: – I think that it is imperative that your instructor is patient with you, you will need somebody that can put up with the mistakes that you will inevitably make whilst learning to drive.
2. Reliability: – Please note that Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth is not your friend. You should expect your instructor to arrive on time, in a suitable vehicle and in a reasonable frame of mind for your lesson.
3. Punctuality: – is a very important quality for your instructor to have, of course you want a full Driving Lesson. It is very frustrating if your instructor constantly arrives late for your lessons. (I experienced this first hand many years ago)
4. Honesty: – Naturally you will want to save some money so you will in some cases pay for lessons in advance. You must be able to trust your instructor to deliver those lessons once you have paid for them.
5. Opinionated: – Dictionary definition is being, ‘obstinate, fixed in your opinions’. This is clearly a positive type of character for an approved Driving Instructor. There is no value to having an instructor who changes their mind all the time and at the end of each lesson when you are being given the low-down on your mistakes in that lesson by your instructor, you need to have open and honest feedback as to what your stronger areas skills are and where you make your worst errors. These lessons are not a democracy. You are here to learn to drive.
6. Diplomacy: – It is important that your Instructor offers you a good balance during your lessons; if they continually upset you during the course of your tuition you will feel unhappy and frustrated. You should have positive reinforcement and encouragement throughout you course of your lessons with them.
7. Studiousness: – A good teacher is always on the lookout for ways to improve their own performance. Including; better or just different ways to explain things to you by way of totally new approaches to age old problems. This is an evolving subject area where you and your Driving Instructor will learn some things together.
8. Restraint: – Your Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth and Driving Instructor has to demonstrate this. You are young and clever and your Driving Instructor knows nothing, you know more than he or she. Your Driving Instructors opinions on things other than your Driving Lessons and you learning to Drive, do not matter
9. Self control: – Your instructor has dual controls, they should not keep their feet twitching above them all the time as this will unsettle you and make you feel that you are having wasted Driving Lesson. Caution is good but they should not overdo it.
10. Discipline: – Your Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth Instructor should demonstrate a level of personal discipline in making certain that they and the car are always ready for your Driving Lessons. They should show professional discipline by making sure that they always give you the best quality Driving Instruction they can give you even when they don’t feel like it no matter how good the reason. You have after all paid a lot of money for these lessons.
Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth – Top 10 Tips For a Great Driving Instructor
Car driving is a daunting task for many people. Some people find it difficult to learn this art of maintaining a balance between gear, clutch and accelerator. Automatic driving lessons provide a good opportunity to get started. If you are confused about taking automatic driving lessons, then here are some pros and cons to help you.
Advantages of taking automatic driving lessons
Such car consists of only two pedals; therefore, a learner feels more comfortable and stress-free. There is no need to change gears of the car as it chooses gear depending on the speed of the engine. It provides a stress-free learning experience to boost your confidence.The combination of clutch, gear and accelerator may divert the focus of the learner from road traffic. However, automatic car drivers can give full attention to what is going on the road. That’s why they have good traffic sense, speed judgment and decision-making power.
This car is beneficial for people with learning disabilities or physical disabilities. It provides a good platform to learn to drive for people with learning disabilities or physical disabilities.Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth Automatic driving lessons are helpful for people with autism, dyslexia and dyspraxia. They don’t have to master the clutch, gear and brake. Hence, the learning process becomes less complex.
People with physical disabilities have restricted movements. Such people can drive this car with some adjustments. It is a good idea to learn the automatic car if you are struggling to pass a test in a manual car.
Disadvantages of automatic driving lessons
These cars are very expensive. Once you have passed your test in an automatic car, you ought to buy this car. You cannot drive a manual car after passing this test. It would be difficult switching to manual car as your driving skills do not suit it.
Manual car drivers are more skillful than Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth automatic car drivers. A person, who drives manual car, can react better in any bad situation. It is easier to drive a manual car on mountains and slippery conditions. The manual transmission of a car makes it easy to maintain a constant speed on such conditions. You may not have much control over your automatic car on a steep mountain pass. Moreover, you cannot slow down your car using the gear.
I hope that these tips will help you in taking the right decision and learn driving. You can start learning with these simple tips.
Driving Schools In Portsmouth-Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth
There are no two ways about it – driving lessons are expensive.
Whether driving lessons are good value for money is a completely different question. If lessons are taken from a suitably qualified and experienced, patient driving instructor, who can help you to actually enjoy your lessons, you should find them great value for money. This ‘value’ can be true on two levels; both the quality and skill invested in you, and the final outcome of being free to drive, wherever, whenever you want.
All too often I teach people who had started to learn to drive years before and then simply ‘gave up’ as they ‘didn’t like their driving instructor’ or ‘didn’t feel that they would ever pass their driving test with the progress they were making at the time’. This should simply not be the case.
If you find a good quality driving instructor, you should have the best chance of enjoying your driving lessons and should also make maximum progress, which should be noticeable to you as well as your instructor – which should therefore, in a majority of cases, avoid the above situation from occurring (unless of course you had extremely unrealistic expectations!).
Intensive Driving Lessons Portsmouth cost somewhere in the region of between 18-25 pounds per hour depending on the area (London, for example will be in the ‘higher end’ of the market) and the qualifications of the instructor.
The number of lessons requires to pass your driving test will also vary greatly from pupil to pupil. A few pupils would be able to pass their test in as few a 10 or 12 lesson if they have access to ample private practice, whereas the average number of driving lessons required to learn to drive are more likely to be in the region of 40-50 hours with a trainer and approximately 20 hours private practice.
Over all, the cost could easily approach 4 figures for all the training required to pass your test – but the benefits of having your driving license and the resulting freedom of being able to drive wherever or whenever you like, should easily outweigh this cost.